Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Sultan's Sultanate Falling Down!




So there was much of hype around this movie and media already declared it as this years biggest Block buster before the release and how can I being a movie Buff, miss out on it. So I decided to go for it the moment I heard of it.
I could sense the sensation about movie from the point of booking tickets itself, I have never seen, all halls in Delhi running back to back multiple shows of a movie and all house full on first day itself, this was enough to set the expectation bar to another level of heights.

Although  I had a feeling that being salman's movie it will again be a Dabang style! but still the story line was still very convincing( atleast in trailers!) hence  I went to the movie. Not to forget that, I even compromised on the cinema hall just for the sake of watching a great movie.

But to my disappointment the movie sultan wasn't as grand as it was supposed to be. The movie is way too loong and dragged. The first half is too slow and much like typical salman's Rom Com and Dramas. It lacked the core theme and has way too many songs (not to forget boring ones!) . Then came second half (Sigh of relief!) and I convinced myself that maybe now the movie will take a twist, and randeep hooda's entry did lifted the tempo and few fight sequence managed to hook me to chair, but again the typical Drama took over the feel and overall ruined the experience.

I went to the movie thinking it will be a good competition to movies like "Mary Kom" and "Bhaag Milkha" but Sultan stands no where in front of these Gem.

Though salman did try to come out of it comfort zone and try different JAAT avatar and so did anushka, But it did not came out too well given the lack of Quality in story and direction.

Hence for me Sultan couldn't bring out any extravagant experience and I would rate this movie as 3/5.

It would be good to go to this movie with low expectation and just to enjoy Salman khan movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment